Summer Fun for Kids
Alaskan summers are legendary. From Alyeska, you can choose organized tours or go out on your own. From wildlife and glacier viewing, to more active outings such as guided fishing and playing in the amazing rivers in the areas, there is plenty to do for all ages.
Here are a few of our favorite summer adventures with kids:
- Scenic Tram Ride – Take the scenic aerial tram up Mt. Alyeska, hike around the top of the mountain, visit the Round House Museum and stop for lunch at the Glacier Express. Tickets are available at the Tram Ticket Office.
- Girdwood Bike Path – Catch this paved foot and bike traffic path right from the Hotel. The path takes you towards the Turnagain Arm, and connects with the Bird Trail which parallels the Seward Highway. Along the way, stop at the Girdwood Skate Park, about three miles from the Hotel.
- Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center - Just nine miles from the Resort, the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center offers an interpretative and close-up way to meet native Alaskan wildlife. From regal brown bears to the unique musk ox, visitors can drive or walk the wildlife viewing loop and stop into the state-of-the-art nature center and gift shop. Tickets are available at Concierge.
- Crow Creek Mine – Take a step back in time and visit the historic Crow Creek Mine. Pan for gold, take a tour of the grounds, and explore the area where the historic Iditarod Dog-Sled Trail once went through. Located about 15 minutes from the Hotel.
- Learn to Rock Climb – No experience required. Let local guide company, The Ascending Path, take you out for the day and teach you the basics of rock climbing. The climbing area is just a five minute hike from the Hotel.
Contact Alyeska's Concierge Desk at 907-754-2108. The Concierge Desk is located next to the Front Desk at The Hotel Alyeska.