One of the best ways to explore the valley surrounding Alyeska Resort is by bicycle. Alyeska Resort has developed a select offering of mountain bike trails that can be accessed right from the hotel. These are fun, adventurous trails that combine cross-country and freeride features including short boardwalks, logs, etc. From the resort, the Girdwood Bike Path connects the hotel to the scenic Seward Highway. This path is perfect for families and groups, and provides convenient access to the town of Girdwood and other local shops and restaurants.
Family-Friendly Bike Trails
- Girdwood Bike Path - This paved and well-maintained multi-use path connects the hotel to the rest of Girdwood and Bird Bike Path which follows the scenic Seward Highway. The distance from the hotel to the main part of Girdwood is approximately two miles, continuing onto the Seward Highway is another three miles.
- Airport Loop Trail - From the hotel, cross Arlberg Avenue towards the Our Lady of the Snows Chapel located adjacent to the overflow hotel parking lot. Follow Moose Meadows Trail until Aspen Mountain Road. Take a right to the end of Aspen Road and look for a small wood sign marked Deb’s Way on looker’s right. Deb’s Way is a trail that will take you through the woods and connects Aspen Mountain Road to Mt. Hood Drive (next to the air field). Take a right at Mt. Hood Drive. Follow the road to the end of gravel where the woods begin. Cross two bridges over small streams and steer right up, a hill that connects to the return path towards the Our Lady of the Snows Chapel and the hotel parking lot. Please note: This is a multi-use trail for all abilities.
- Winner Creek Trail - Winner Creek Trail connects The Hotel Alyeska to Crow Creek Mine via the Hand Tram, making it an adventurous 1/2 day to full day bike loop. Please note: From the hotel trailhead, biking is allowed after the .7 mile marker.
- Winner Creek Extension Trail - This extension trail connects Winner Creek Trail proper to both the hotel and ski resort base area. North access is located by the hotel pond. South access is via Taos Road or Ahlberg Road.
Advanced Bike Trails
- Alyeska Bike Park - Experience adventure on one of the many downhill biking trails at Alyeska Resort. These trails combine cross-country and freeride features including short boardwalks, logs, etc. Lift access on Glacier Bowl Express, Ted's Express and Bear Cub Quad is Friday - Sunday from 12 pm to 6 pm.
Summer Trail Maps are available at the Concierge Desk or Tram Ticket Office.
Bike rentals are available at the Daylodge Bike Hub. Please visit this page for more information on bike rentals. Choose from downhill, multi-speed hybrid and mountain bikes. Helmets are also available. Please Note: Bike rentals for children under the age of 12 are not available at this time.
Guests of The Hotel Alyeska have access to complimentary multi-speed cruiser bikes appropriate for the paved bike trails in the area. Please inquire at the Concierge Desk or Tram Ticket Office.
Intermediate to Advanced Bike Trails