One of the best ways to explore the valley surrounding Alyeska Resort is by bicycle. Alyeska Resort has developed a select offering of mountain bike trails that can be accessed right from the hotel. These are fun, adventurous trails that combine cross-country and freeride features including short boardwalks, logs, etc. From the resort, the Girdwood Bike Path connects the hotel to the scenic Seward Highway. This path is perfect for families and groups, and provides convenient access to the town of Girdwood and other local shops and restaurants.
Family-Friendly Bike Trails
- Girdwood Bike Path - This paved and well-maintained multi-use path connects the hotel to the rest of Girdwood and Bird Bike Path which follows the scenic Seward Highway. The distance from the hotel to the main part of Girdwood is approximately two miles, continuing onto the Seward Highway is another three miles.
- Airport Loop Trail - From the hotel, cross Arlberg Avenue towards the Our Lady of the Snows Chapel located adjacent to the overflow hotel parking lot. Follow Moose Meadows Trail until Aspen Mountain Road. Take a right to the end of Aspen Road and look for a small wood sign marked Deb’s Way on looker’s right. Deb’s Way is a trail that will take you through the woods and connects Aspen Mountain Road to Mt. Hood Drive (next to the air field). Take a right at Mt. Hood Drive. Follow the road to the end of gravel where the woods begin. Cross two bridges over small streams and steer right up, a hill that connects to the return path towards the Our Lady of the Snows Chapel and the hotel parking lot. Please note: This is a multi-use trail for all abilities.
Intermediate to Advanced Bike Trails
- Winner Creek Trail - Winner Creek Trail connects The Hotel Alyeska to Crow Creek Mine via the Hand Tram, making it an adventurous 1/2 day to full day bike loop. Although this classic trail sees a lot of hikers, it is also fun to bike. The trail has a slight elevation gain with boardwalks, logs and packed dirt surfaces. The Hand Tram is 2.5 miles and Crow Creek Mine is 3.5 miles away if you begin at the hotel trailhead. Please note: From the hotel trailhead, biking is allowed after the .7 mile marker.
- Winner Creek Extension Trail - This extension trail connects Winner Creek Trail proper to both the hotel and ski resort base area. North access is located by the hotel pond. South access is via Taos Road or Arlberg Road along a marked utility easement. The trail connects to the new Verbier Bike Path.
- Blueberry Hill to Race Trail - This is a short route that takes guests from The Hotel Alyeska to the ski area base area. Ride up the work road to Blueberry Hill and past the top of Chair 7 and Bear Cub Quad. Take the right fork to head down towards the Alyeska Resort base. Please note: This is a multi-use trail with modest elevation gain.
- Bear Cub Climb to Christmas in July Trail Loop - This trail starts and finishes at The Hotel Alyeska. Begin the loop at the base of the Tram and ascend looker’s left of Chair 7. Climb the switchbacks and continue up Blueberry Hill. The entrance to the Christmas in July Trail is located after the last Chair 7 lift tower. The trail features banked corners on the descent. To continue to the hotel, exit the trail at the Challenge Building and continue down Brighton Road. Cross Arlberg Road and turn right onto the paved bike trail that follows the main road and leads back to the hotel.
Advanced Bike Trails
- Blueberry Pancake Trail - Downhill ONLY mountain bike trail. This descending trail offers riders a route through the rainforest on wooden terrain features and gravel trail tread. Can be accessed from Bear Cub Climb or Christmas in July trails. Check out this video of Blueberry Pancake Trail
- Alyeska Bike Park - Experience adventure on one of the many downhill biking trails at Alyeska Resort. These trails combine cross-country and freeride features including short boardwalks, logs, etc. Lift access on Glacier Bowl Express, Ted's Express and Bear Cub Quad is Friday - Sunday from 12 pm to 6 pm.
Summer Trail Maps are available at the Concierge Desk or Tram Ticket Office.
Bike rentals are available at the Daylodge Bike Hub. Please visit this page for more information on bike rentals. Choose from downhill, multi-speed hybrid and mountain bikes. Helmets are also available. Please Note: Bike rentals for children under the age of 12 are not available at this time.
Guests of The Hotel Alyeska have access to complimentary multi-speed cruiser bikes appropriate for the paved bike trails in the area. Please inquire at the Concierge Desk or Tram Ticket Office.