TRAM Buy 1 Get 1 – Now Until October 12 The headline says it all. From now until October 12, 2015 anyone who buys a tram ticket will get a second one for FREE! Bring your mom, bring a friend, [...]
Looking out the window today, folks around the Girdwood area are seeing the first dustings of snow on the surrounding peaks and ridgelines. Yes, summer is 100% over and winter is on its way and there’s not a thing anyone [...]
We are counting down the days to our onsite job fair, and are looking forward to meeting with candidates interested in starting a career with Alyeska Resort and the Hotel Alyeska. We are actively seeking Servers, Host/Hostesses, Housekeepers, Stewards, Lift Operators, Tram [...]
Alyeska Resort offers a disc golf course laid out in the surrounding grounds of the Hotel Alyeska. The nine target course has tee to target distances ranging from 300 to 360 feet and plays in a clockwise direction.
A small fleet of discs for rent will be available in the Alyeska Mountain Shop.
1. Be courteous to other people on the course: players or not.
2. Do not throw until the basket is clear. Even if you think "I won't hit them," you're still too close. No one likes to be surprised by a disc coming in hot.
3. Pay attention to the groups behind you. If they are playing faster than you are, let them play through.
4. Play the course in order. Starting your round on a basket other than 1 only slows down other groups.
5. Throw all trash into the waste recepticals. If you can carry it in, you can carry it out.
6. Do not throw your cigarette butts on the ground.
7. If you lose a disc, gather everyone and spend no more then 3 minutes looking for it. You can always go back for it later.
8. Pick up after your dog.
9. Do not modify the course. Let course maintenance handle it. This is a PDGA rule.
10. If you find a disc and it has a phone number on it, please call and return it. If the disc doesn't have a number, enjoy your new disc.
11. Be quiet when people are throwing.
12. When people are putting try to stay out of their field of vision or at least stand still.
Etiquette rules courtesy of Alaska Disc Golf
Want to learn more about disc golf? Click here>