Assistant F&B Director
Oversees day to day FOH operations of the Food and Beverage Department. In conjunction with the Executive Chef and under the director of the F&B Director, focusing on FOH training, service and sales.
- Oversees all F&B Outlets including Banquets and Special Events.
- Assists in maintaining pars for China, Glass, Silver and other non-food items.
- Assists F&B Director with the purchase of beer, wine and liquor.
- Assists in the management of inventory levels within the given guidelines as outlined by the F&B Director.
- Keeps appropriate levels of food, beer, wine and liquor stock and maintains wine verticals.
- Trains and supervises all Food and Beverage FOH outlets, including scheduling.
- Assists in the review of the overall financials at month end and identifies and corrects areas of concern either on the financial statements or operationally.
- Helps perform drink menu cost analysis to determine proper cost percentages and pricing in conjunction with the Food and Beverage Director.
- Assists in managing FOH labor cost within budgetary guidelines.
- Reviews and approves inventory variances prior to final F&B close.
- Analyzes and maintains pour costs for beer, wine and liquor throughout the Resort and ensures proper standards are being followed in conjunction with the Beverage Controller.
- Participates in F&B related meetings.
- Proposes and organizes wine dinners in conjunction with Ownership, Executive Chef and F&B Director.
- Assists with all accounting related functions related to F&B in conjunction with the Accounting Department.
- Directly manage the Outlets when asked.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university; or prior related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three years of previous FOH management with knowledge of restaurant operation is required.
- Level 1 Sommelier is strongly preferred.
- Prior hotel experience strongly preferred.
- Degree or coursework in sales, marketing, or hospitality preferred.
- Must be PC proficient (Microsoft Office) and able to prepare reports as assigned.
- Experience in a corporate environment, with a sales, marketing, or catering background preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Must have or be able to obtain within the introductory period a valid Alaska Driver’s License and TAM card.
- Prior experience in a fine dining server position is required.
- Good working knowledge of wines and spirits is required.
- Position requires the ability to accommodate a flexible schedule, including regular extended shifts, weekend, and evening work.
|Requisition Number||FB12 |
|Department||Food & Beverage |
|Seasonal / Year Round||Year-Round |
|Part Time / Full Time||Full-Time |
Apply Online | Back to Listings | Search Again