The Risk Manager is responsible for administering and managing Alyeska Resort’s Risk Management Programs.
|Requirements||Position responsibilities: |
• Develops and implements Alyeska Resort’s Risk Management Programs in a manner that fulfills the mission and strategic goals of Alyeska Resort while complying with state and federal laws and accreditation standards related to safety and risk management.
• Identifies and quantifies Alyeska Resort’s exposures to accidental loss, develop and implement systems, policies and procedures for the mitigation and prevention of potential losses.
• Educates and trains the leadership, staff and business associates as to the Risk Management Program, and their respective responsibilities in carrying out the Risk Management Program.
• Leads, facilitates and advises departments in designing Risk Management Programs within their own departments.
• Collects, evaluates and maintains data concerning incidents, claims, worker’s compensation and other risk-related data.
• Investigates and analyzes root causes, patterns or trends that could result in compensatory or sentinel events. Helps to identify and implement corrective action where appropriate.
• Provides a quarterly summary to the Board on incidents, claims and claim payments.
• Serves as the organization’s liaison to the organization’s insurance carrier.
• Assists in processing all business affecting the company by working with legal counsel to coordinate the investigation, processing and defense of claims against the organization.
• Actively participates in or facilitates committees related to risk management, safety and quality improvement.
• Implements and maintains a cost allocation program.
• Quantifies and measures preventable losses and assist operational managers seek practical solutions.
• Facilitates cost effective education pertaining to health and safety.
• Maintains a thorough Emergency Action Plan that coordinates effectively with local emergency services.
Essential skills and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years experience in one or more of the following fields: risk management, quality improvement, legal support, financial services and asset allocation or insurance claims investigation.
• Knowledge of statistics, data collection, analysis and data presentation.
• Excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills.
• Knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations and accreditation standards.
• Industrial risk assessment and loss control.
• Workers Compensation processing and analysis.
• Knowledge and understanding of insurance law.
• Proficient in communicating with representatives of insurance carrier.
• Team motivated, detail oriented and the ability to work independently.
• Able to ski groomed runs.
• Experience applying OSHA standards.
|Requisition Number||Risk01 |
|Department||Human Resources |
|Seasonal / Year Round||Year-Round |
|Part Time / Full Time||Full-Time |
|Pay||$50-60k/yr DOE + Benefits|
Apply Online | Back to Listings | Search Again