Discover Skiing & Snowboarding Programs
The Discover Program consists of three group lessons held on three consecutive Saturdays or Sundays. The day begins with a two hour group lesson, with a break for lunch, followed by an afternoon of unchaperoned free skiing. Afternoon lessons are available for an additional fee on a week by week basis. Transportation is included from Anchorage or Eagle River to the Resort.
Lower Mountain with Lesson
Designed to introduce a new skier or snowboarder to the sport. Package includes lower mountain lift ticket, two-hour morning lesson & transportation to/from Resort. Optional rental gear and afternoon lesson
$160 | $190 with rentals
Upper Mountain with Lesson
For intermediate skiers and rider looking to fine-tune skills, build confidence and develop new techniques. Package includes all-mountain lift ticket, two-hour morning lesson & transportation to/from Resort. Optional rental gear and afternoon lesson
$175 | $205 with rentals
Upper Mountain without Lesson
For kids who can master the whole mountain, this level does not include lessons. Package includes all-mountain lift ticket & transportation to/from Resort. Optional rental gear and afternoon lesson
$155 | $185 with rentals
Open to ages 8 - 17
Helmets are strongly recommended and required for all children taking lessons.
||Saturdays - January 9, 16, 23
||Make up Jan. 30
||Sundays - January 10, 17, 24
||Make up Jan. 31
||Saturdays - February 6, 13, 20
||Make up Feb. 27
||Sundays - February 7, 14, 21
||Make up Feb. 28
||Saturdays - March 19, 26 & April 2
||Make up TBD
Please call us at 907-754-2234 for availability.
Please Note: There is a $25 fee for all late registrations. Please refer to the online store for details.
Discover 2015/16 Flyer
Discover 2015/16 Registration Form
15/16 Liability Release Form
Discover Medical Background Release Form
- If your children do not have their own equipment, it is VERY important for those registering online to sign-up for rentals by clicking ADD in the shopping cart. This ensures rental equipment will be pre-arranged for your child on the program start date.
- Meals are not included in this program. Participants are responsible for bringing their own lunch/ snacks or money for the food concessions that are available, your child will work up a good appetite, so please plan accordingly.
- We recommend a warm waterproof jacket with hood, ski pants or snow bibs, sweater, turtleneck, long underwear, hat and neck gaiter, gloves, wool socks, goggles and/or sunglasses, boots. Shirt and pants should be wool or polar fleece. We discourage blue jeans under snow pants or as snow pants. Bringing cameras and other personal equipment is your child's responsibility. Please mark your child’s belongings appropriately.
- Helmets are strongly recommended and required for all children taking lessons. Helmet rentals are $15 per block.
- Each program day, your child will be picked up at the time and location specified by your Team Leader/ Chaperone. Anticipate buses departing between 8:00-8:45 am and returning between 5:15 pm - 6:00 pm depending on the lesson. Always check the conditions before departing for the bus by calling the Snow Hotline 907-754-7669. This is very important as weather closures do occur.
- REFUNDS, MAKE UPS & CHANGES - Please check schedules carefully for conflicts before registering your child for this program. There are no refunds issued once the student has been officially registered, except for the following circumstances: injury or moving out of the area (50% refund fee). In the case of injury, a pro-rated refund will be issued based on the number of weeks missed. Make-up vouchers will not be issued for missed weeks. If you provide your own transportation and your child is late for a lesson, they may be unable to join the group. If Alyeska cancels a session for any reason, there will be one make-up day for all participants in the block. If the participant cancels, there will be no make-up. There is a $25 fee if you need to make any changes once your child has been registered. We will be unable to accommodate changes one week before the program starts.
Questions call the Discover Program Coordinator at 907-754-2234 or reach us via email.
Mountain Learning Center Hours: Weekdays 9:30am - 4:30pm; Weekends 9am - 4:30pm
We need Team Leaders! Please email us if you are a teacher in Southcentral Alaska to learn more.