Welcome to our playground.
Alyeska's Terrain Parks are the place for skiers and riders to dial in their latest tricks or learn new ones. Whether you are just learning, or practicing for a competition, our Terrain Parks have enough features to bring a smile to every freestyler’s face.
The Terrain Parks are open to freestylers of all abilities, whether it’s your first time sliding or grinding or you’re ready to go pro. Please be courteous to those around you. Be sure you always follow the Code and Smart Style guidelines.
Your Responsibility Code
1. Always stay in control and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
2. People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
3. You must not stop where you obstruct a trail or are not visible from above.
4. Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
5. Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
6. Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
7. Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely.
8. Inverted aerials are not recommended except in events and terrain park.
9. Use of alcohol or drugs that impair the safety of yourself or others is not allowed.
10. Be safety conscious.
11. If you are involved in a collision with another skier/boarder you must stay at the scene until ski patrol arrives.
The National Ski Areas Association and Burton Snowboards have developed the "Smart Style" Freestyle Terrain Safety initiative, a cooperative effort to continue the proper use and progression of freestyle terrain at mountain resorts, while also delivering a unified message that is clear, concise, and effective.
1. MAKE A PLAN
Every time you use freestyle terrain, make a plan for each feature you want to use. Your speed, approach and take off will directly affect your maneuver and landing.
2. LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP
Scope around the jumps first, not over them. Know your landings are clear and clear yourself out of the landing area.
3. EASY STYLE IT
Start small and work your way up. (Inverted aerials not recommended).
4. RESPECT GETS RESPECT
From the lift line through the park.
Alyeska Resort offers two levels of freeride terrain. For groms, start off easy and master the Pump Station 3. Feelin' good? Head over to The Refinery and test your abilities.
Pump Station 3 Terrain Park – Beginner
Location: Top of Chair 7 and Perseverance
Access: Bear Cub Quad/Chair 3
The Inside Line: Designed for beginners and families who want to explore and learn freeride skills together. This park has entry-level jumps and features.
Features: small to medium jumps with smaller progressive rail, jib and box features
The Refinery Terrain Park
Location: Blueberry Hill
Access: Chair 7
The Inside Line: For freeride fans, this park is designed for the avid skier and rider who are looking for a challenge in the Terrain Park. Perfect for those that are progressing their skills.
Feature List: larger tables, rail jib and box features including a 20' rainbow box, urban down rails, 1000 gallon fuel tank jib, C-box, pole jam, and many more.