Winter is magical in Alaska. And, as Alaska’s premier ski destination, Alyeska Resort is at the heart of winter adventures for all ages and levels. Beyond the slopes, the fun doesn’t stop. The Resort and surrounding areas offer a variety of outdoor options for the athlete, nature lover and sightseer alike.
The sky is the limit when you take advantage of the Mountains.
- Take a scenic helicopter ride for magnificent glacier views. Tours include stops on the glacier or simply fly over the heavily glaciated waters of Prince William Sound.
- Snowmobile through a winter wonderland of snow-filled meadows with endless scenic views. Perfect for kids and adults of all abilities.
- Heli-skiing and cat-skiing tours and packages make for a memorable Alaskan vacation!
- Helicopter Glacier Hiking: After a heli safety briefing we hot load for a memorable scenic flight of about 10 minutes one way. Everyone has a window seat! After landing on glacier ice, we gear-up with helmets and crampons. Once the heli leaves, and after a safety talk and crampon practice with your skilled and experienced guide, we explore the glacier ice itself. We typically have 1.5 hours to discover amazing Ice features like: blue ice, crevasses, caves, rushing surface rivers, tubes, moulins, etc.
Southcentral Alaska is known for its extensive Nordic trail system, and endless cross-country skiing excursions can be found in the surrounding Chugach State Park.
- Ride the scenic aerial tram to the top and visit the Round House Museum (free admission). Enjoy incredible views of the surrounding mountains and Turnagain Arm.
- Rent snow shoes or cross country skis and head out onto one of the many trails in the surrounding area where amazing views are everywhere! Go on your own or take a guided half-day tour.
Our Concierge team has put together a list of recommended winter activities. Take a look and start your planning!