Alaska's #1 Ski Resort and Year Round Vacation Destination
Winter at Alyeska
Alyeska Resort is truly a playground for all levels of skiers and riders. Offering 1,610 skiable acres, 76 named trails and over 669" of snow annually, Alyeska lives up to its reputation as steep and deep. Whether you are just starting out in the sport or looking to challenge yourself, you can find it here. Alyeska Resort hosts 7 total lifts which take you to a vertical rise of 2,500ft: 2 high speed detachable quads, 2 fixed quads, 2 magic carpets and a 60-passenger Aerial Tram.
WANT TO SKI HERE THIS SEASON? Season Pass Info HERE
Alyeska offers mountain experiences for skiers and riders at all levels.
- Mt. Alyeska is “steep and deep". Experts love the North Face, featuring North America’s longest continuous double black run.
- Take a ride into the backcountry right from our private helipad with Chugach Powder Guides
- Intermediate and advanced skiers love the wide open bowls and long top-to-bottom runs.
- Tree-lined groomed runs are ideal for the beginner.
- Freestylers can check out the features at either terrain park.
- Visit our winter trail map for all terrain options this upcoming season
Summer at Alyeska
In the summer months, Alyeska Resort features trails that wander through the Chugach Mountains, right from the hotel courtyard.
Sitting in the world's northern most temperate rain forest, it's sometimes hard to believe you are in Alaska when you walk out the back doors of The Hotel Alyeska. From short nature hikes to lift-accessed downhill biking, summer adventures abound right out of the Hotel's door step. Within close proximity to multiple National Parks, including Denali, Alyeska provides a little rest and relaxation after a full day of exploring.
Alyeska offers a wide variety of outdoor options for all age and activity levels:
- The scenic Aerial Tram takes visitors and to see panoramic water views and hanging glaciers and the historic Roundhouse Museum.
- For outdoor lovers, hikers and vacationers, it’s all here at Alyeska Resort. Hike the North Face Trail which starts right from the Hotel courtyard. This is a vigorous 2.5 mile hike with 2,000 vertical feet of elevation gain. Enjoy a complimentary scenic Tram ride back down.
- For the less vertically inclined, take a hike on the Winner Creek Trail. This well-maintained hiking trail also begins right from the hotel courtyard.
- Explore the many biking trails in the area or let the chairlifts do the work in the Alyeska Bike Park.
- Visit our summer trail map for all hiking and biking options
- Let our award-winning concierge staff help you book your perfect Alaskan vacation with their extensive knowledge of local and Alaskan Activities.