2018/2019 Winter Season
Thank you for your interest in applying for an Instructor position with the Alyeska Resort Mountain Learning Center. We invite all instructor candidates to attend our annual Instructor Training Course to be held December 8th and 9th, 2018. The cost of the two-day course is $120, lift tickets included. AGAIN THIS SEASON, if you are offered a position and complete the hiring and training process you will be refunded $70, for the 2-days of lift tickets. Job offers will be extended to selected participants upon completion of the Instructor Training Course. Please return the enrollment form with payment by Nov. 30, 2018.
This course is designed as a training program for anyone interested in learning and improving their teaching skills. After the two-day course we will be offering employment to selected candidates who are committed to working a FULL SEASON at the Alyeska Resort Mountain Learning Center. This course is also open to participants who are not seeking employment.
To qualify for selection to be an Alyeska Resort Mountain Learning Center Instructor, candidates must show proficiency and improvement in the following areas:
- Professionalism – appearance, punctuality, attitude, and conduct
- Communication – presentation skills, articulation, and feedback
- Skiing/Riding Ability – versatility and control, at an Intermediate level
- Coachable – adaptability, willingness and ability to learn
- Participation – enthusiasm, interaction, and attentiveness
- Safety – personal and group safety
Positions will be offered based on ALL of these criteria and not just on a candidates skiing/riding ability. The number of positions available will depend on our 2018/2019 staffing needs.
Training Course Activities
- On Hill – a presentation of the American Teaching System and a guided exploration of how we teach students to ski/snowboard (children and adults)
- Practice Teaching – an opportunity to teach in front of the group
- Personal Skiing/Riding Improvement – beginner level demonstrations
Employment Commitment and Availability
If selected for employment you will be REQUIRED to attend additional training, shadow classes on your own time, and be ready to work the Christmas through New Year’s Holiday period. You will also be REQUIRED to work weekends and other peak periods including Spring Break. Finally, you will be required to complete the winter season.
Click HERE to fill out the Alyeska Resort Mountain Learning Center 2018/2019 Instructor Training Course Enrollment Form.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
Please feel free to contact us via email with any questions:
Alyeska Resort Mountain Learning Center